If you do not want the Magic Jack software to auto run each time you plug in the device here are a few methods that may give you the desired result:
- Click Start
- Type autorun and hit Enter
- Uncheck Use AutoPlay for all media and devices
- Click Save
Note: This method will have the side effect of disabling autorun system wide.
- Open My Computer
- Look for the second Magic Jack drive (labeled Phone) and Open it
- Right Click autorun.inf and ensure Read Only is unchecked
- Rename autorun.inf to autorun.inf.bak
- Close the drive
Now when you want to launch the software just double click the icon for the first Magic Jack drive in your My Computer or make a shortcut to it on your desktop.