So you’re still using the Windows 7 Release Candidate, and plan on using it until it expires in on June 1, 2010, but you’re sick of looking at the build number that’s etched in the bottom right corner of your screen. Thanks to our friends at DeepXW, this is quite simple to remove.
- Download the Patch
- Extract the archive
- Right click the appropriate executable and select Run As Administrator
- When prompted, enter Yes to apply the patch
- When it is complete, hit enter to close the program
If after rebooting you find the watermark is still present, then perform the following additional steps:
- Hold down your Windows key and hit R to open the Run dialog
- Enter cmd and hit enter
- Type mcbuilder.exe into command prompt and press enter. After it has finished, reboot your computer once again
You should now be free of the Windows build number watermark!