Sitecore

Error: Missing source parameter ‘SOLR Zookeeper Connection String’

October 29, 2018

I was attempting to install a Sitecore 9.0.2 instance today when I ran into this error:

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- InstallWDP : WebDeploy ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[WebDeploy]:[Path] C:\Program Files\iis\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe
Error: Missing source parameter 'SOLR Zookeeper Connection String' (SOLR Zookeeper Connection String). This must be set for successful synchronization.
Error count: 1.
Install-SitecoreConfiguration : Command C:\Program Files\iis\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe returned a non-zero exit code - (-1)
At C:\sc9u2\install_keystone10.ps1:79 char:1
+ Install-SitecoreConfiguration @sitecoreParams
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Install-SitecoreConfiguration
[TIME] 00:00:30
Transcript stopped, output file is C:\sc9u2\sitecore-XP0.181029.log
Invoke-CommandTask : Command C:\Program Files\iis\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe returned a non-zero exit code - (-1)
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\SitecoreInstallFramework\1.2.1\Public\Tasks\Invoke-WebDeployTask.ps1:36 char:2
+ Invoke-CommandTask -Path $Path -Arguments $msdeployArgs -TaskName ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Invoke-CommandTask

After a bit of searching I discovered there wasn’t really anyone else reporting this issue. Usually when that happens you know you’ve done something really dumb.

In my case it turns out it was because I had tried to reuse the config files, more specifically sitecore-XP0.json. I deleted the .json files from my install folder and extracted a fresh copy from XP0 Configuration files 9.0.2 rev. 180604.zip. At this point I compared it to my old one in notepad and low and behold the ones from the proper zip file had this line in it:

"SolrZookeeperUrl": {
"Type": "string",
"DefaultValue": "localhost:2181",
"Description": "The Zookeeper instance to use."
},

Yup, there you have it. My laziness only cost me more time in the end.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.