If you do not want the Magic Jack software to auto run each time you plug in the device here are a few methods that may give you the desired result:
- Click Start
- Type autorun and hit Enter
- Uncheck Use AutoPlay for all media and devices
- Click Save
Note: This method will have the side effect of disabling autorun system wide.
- Open My Computer
- Look for the second Magic Jack drive (labeled Phone) and Open it
- Right Click autorun.inf and ensure Read Only is unchecked
- Rename autorun.inf to autorun.inf.bak
- Close the drive
Now when you want to launch the software just double click the icon for the first Magic Jack drive in your My Computer or make a shortcut to it on your desktop.
A seasoned Senior Solutions Architect with 18 years of experience in technology design and implementation. Renowned for innovative solutions and strategic insights, he excels in driving complex projects to success. Outside work, he is a passionate fisherman and fish keeper, specializing in planted tanks.