After putting my quadcopter together a couple of months ago I only got a few short flights in before I managed to break some parts. I broke one landing leg, I chopped off my antenna cable (which still worked, albeit with a reduced range) and I broke and bent some propellers. In addition to that my one ESC never seemed to behave like the others so I was waiting on a replacement. In addition to that I found a good deal on a GPS so I ordered that as well.
So I ordered the parts from eBay and waited, the weather has been crappy so I haven’t missed out on much flying time but I have been eager to get it back up in the air. But with eBay being eBay it took almost 2 months for most of the parts to arrive. This week the parts started rolling in. Today a four pack of landing legs arrived, I only broke one leg but they come in packs of four and are cheap so I figured the rest would be spares. Next time I wont have to wait 2 months when I break a leg. My antenna cable came in at the end of last week and I will likely be soldering it on tonight.
Once I get all of that installed I plan on recalibrating all the ESCs since I never did do that properly the first time around. I also intend to upgrade my GCS to LibrePilot as I am still using OpenPilot. I haven’t had any issues with OpenPilot but I might as well make use of all the newest features. Lastly I need to get those damn PID settings figured out, the setttings in OpenPilot dont seem to match anything I am seeing in my research so I still need to figur that out.
Hopefully, if all goes well, I can do a couple more test flights this weekend. I will try and upload some footage if that happens.
A seasoned Senior Solutions Architect with 18 years of experience in technology design and implementation. Renowned for innovative solutions and strategic insights, he excels in driving complex projects to success. Outside work, he is a passionate fisherman and fish keeper, specializing in planted tanks.