While I was installing Arduino for Visual Studio I encountered this annoying message:
There are a few ways to fix it, including deactivating User Account Control (UAC) or logging in as the Administrator user (and not a regular user with Administrator privileges), but the method I chose to handle it was the following. I chose this method because it didn’t not open any needless security risks such as turning off UAC and I didn’t feel like logging into another user.
- Open Administrative Tools
- Open Local Security Settings
- Click on Software Restriction Policies
- If there are no software restrictions defined, right click on Restriction Policies and
select New Software Restriction Policy
- Double click on the new enforcement and select All Users Except Local Administrators
- Click OK
- Reboot your computer and run the installer again
Only registered users can comment.
Thanks for this info.
If you have any suggestions of how we might alter the Arduino for Visual Studio installer then we would like to hear about them.
Please email us using the link above if you would like to join the forum.
Thanks again, from the Arduino for Visual Studio dev team