Drupal – Rebuilding Node Access Via Drush in Windows

So this one is pretty simple, but I’m not ashamed to say I spent too much time struggling to figure out why this wasn’t working. Rebuilding the node access via the website kept resulting in the website timing out, so instead of tweaking the max execution time and other things like that in order to get it going I figured we should be able to run the command through Drush. A quick Google told me this was possible, and that the command was:

drush php-eval 'node_access_rebuild()'

So I ran the command, no errors or any feedback was given but it appeared to have worked correctly. The only issue was that it seemed too darn fast, rebuilding the node access on a large site should take some time, not one second. So after a little testing I confirmed it did not work and went back to the drawing board.

Eventually I stumbled upon the answer, in Windows the command is slightly different and uses double quotes instead of single quotes. So if you are running Drupal and Drush within a windows server, you’ll want to run the command as follows:

drush php-eval "node_access_rebuild()"

As usual, the solution is simple once you know the answer 🙂

Tags: , , ,

  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS
read comments

Roomba 530 Battery Replacement & Update

A while back I started keeping some logs of my Roomba’s battery life. I never did as many updates as I hoped but I’d like to come back now and talk about the battery some more. I purchased the device in June 2010 and it is now June 2016, which if you passed grade 2 math will tell you I’ve owned it for 6 years. Just this last week I put in a second new battery, meaning it is now on it’s 3rd battery. That means I’ve gotten about 3 years out of each battery, which isn’t bad. This battery should last me until about June 2019.

With both of my previous batteries they’ve worked well for a good amount of time and then completely crapped out when I left it off it’s charger for too long. In case you aren’t aware of this, leaving it off the charger with a dead battery will kill it quicker than anything. Fortunately a replacement can be shipped to my door for $42 Canadian off Amazon.ca. But either way if you make sure it always makes it back to the charging bay you shouldn’t have any issues, so if you have it on a schedule get in the habit of checking under the couches each time you get home from work!

Anyways, that’s it for now, I just wanted to give a quick update!

Tags: , ,

  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS
read comments

3D Printer Build Started!

Well it’s official, I’ve started to build a 3D Printer.

 

The first few printed parts have arrived and they look fantastic. I’ve been printing the parts for a Prusa i2 at the local library, but they have restrictions on how much I can print. I’m limited to 3 pieces a week, so I calculate that’s going to be just under 15 weeks to get everything printed. But hey, it’s free, they aren’t charging me a dime for any of these parts so I can’t complain. They even have a couple of courses available so I’ve already taken their basic one and am signed up for the advanced class next month.

So now that I have the plastic parts rolling off the assembly line it’s time to start collecting the vitamins. Nuts, bolts, screws, threaded rods, smooth rods, motors, all the electronics. I already had some Nema17 motors I’d ordred off eBay, I’ve been ordering them for a bit since I knew I’d be building a 3D printer eventually and pretty much any model is going to need a few stepper motors. It turns out I’ll need 5 of those for this model, I already have 3 and one more en route.  So as soon as I get paid tomorrow I’ll order the 5th motor. At $15 a piece that brings me up to $75 on motors, making them one of the larger costs of this project.

I also picked up some 608ZZ skate bearings at a local skateboarding shop, unfortunately they only came in 8 packs and I needed 5, but spares may come in handy so I went ahead and bought a set. They had some pretty expensive bearings there but I went with one of the more reasonably priced ones, $24.95 for a pack. Mind you they also had sets that were $64.95 and another in the $90 range. Yikes!  I already feel like I got ripped off on these bearings because they’re dirt cheap on eBay and I’ve heard many people say they’re pretty good.  But it was one thing the schematic said not to cheap out on, so I didn’t.

From here I’m going to work on getting all the nuts and bolts I need, as I think the next few pieces I print will be for the Wade’s Extruder and then I can get that assembled before the rest of the machine. I will also need a hobbed bolt for that, but I’m thinking of going the easy way and getting one off eBay for $6. Sounds way easier than making my own with the Dremel.

According to my calculations at 3 prints per week it’s going to take me about 100 days to get all the printed parts. I should be able to get the rest of the parts in that time. In 100 days I will have a 3D printer… I can’t wait 🙂

  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS
read comments
 Page 1 of 69  1  2  3  4  5 » ...  Last »